OpenFin is primarily an environment that runs on a desktop or other device, so most OpenFin APIs are provided as libraries or packages local to the system they run on. Only the Log Manager API is a REST API, accessed over an Internet connection.
If you are looking for documentation on OpenFin library APIs, refer to the links below:
- Workspace API supports search via Home, providing content via Store, quick access via Dock, and notifications via Notification Center.
- Workspace Platform API support customizing Browser, managing workspace data, and services such as authentication
- Container API provides all the functionality needed for running and managing applications in the OpenFin environment, including integrated native applications.
- The Platform API subset of the Container API manages views and windows, including creating and laying them out, as well as capturing and restoring "snapshots" of the state of a set of windows.
- The Channel API for asynchronous, 2-way secure communications between applications.
- OpenFin Interop API for managing context groups and workflows.
- OpenFin FDC3 client library for FDC3-compliant access to the OpenFin Interop API.
- OpenFin Excel integration API
- OpenFin Salesforce integration API
- .NET adapter for OpenFin
- Java adapter for OpenFin