The RVM has several responsibilities, one of which is to manage the downloading of OpenFin binaries from the OpenFin default repository cdn.openfin.co. While OpenFin’s cloud leverages the highest security standards, some companies do not allow downloading of binaries from outside of their network, therefore, the RVM can be configured through desktop owner or local registry settings to use an internal asset repository specified by the company.
Configure with Desktop Owner Settings.
Configure with Group Policy and Registry Settings
Purpose: Globally set an
Data Type: String (REG_SZ)
Expected Value: A URL to the server that is hosting the assets.
Default Value: https://cdn.openfin.co
Result: RVM and Runtime assets will be retrieved from your specified asset server as opposed to the OpenFin asset repository.
The RVM expects the server located at
assetsUrl to have a similar file structure to the following:
- x32 Bit
- x64 Bit
- Every file with a version in the name represents an extensionless zip of a runtime version
- The other files are extensionless text files that contain a mapping to a version. For example, the content of alpha can be: 220.127.116.11
- When you access a release channel, the RVM resolves the version and then tries to download the actual file
- 15.80.49 + will try to download x64 Bit versions by default
- latest is an extensionless zip file that contains the latest RVM version
latestVersionis an extensionless text file that lists the version number
- If the latest version is greater than the current one, the RVM performs an auto-update
You can obtain all the files from our versions page.
See our GitHub code example for more information on self hosting.
Diagram of OpenFin deployment architecture:
For more information or support related to OpenFin deployment or asset hosting please contact [email protected].
Updated 21 days ago