OpenFin supports development on macOS, with the following minimum requirements:
- macOS 13 (Ventura) on Intel processors
The macOS implementation is available for development and experimentation purposes only.
If your organization is interested in deploying OpenFin on macOS in a production enterprise environment, please contact OpenFin to discuss your needs.
Set up OpenFin on macOS to install a sample app you can then modify or replace with your own app.
The macOS implementation of OpenFin has some differences and limitations relative to the Microsoft Windows implementation.
Some of the major ones are the following:
- License management is not implemented.
- The RVM does not automatically migrate locally-stored data when the Runtime is updated.
- Command-line flags for the installer are not supported.
- API security is supported, but without the option of prompting the user for permissions; if not specified by the Desktop Owner, permissions are assumed to be allowed.
- You cannot set up a customized shortcut icon or splash screen.
- Some APIs are not supported, mainly ones related to RVMs, Runtimes, and application and process information.
If you're familiar with developing with OpenFin on Microsoft Windows, then review the detailed differences between Windows and MacOS.
Updated about 1 month ago